- My Learning Challenges - Autumn 2017
- Homework Learning Challenges - Autumn 2017
- Homework Learning Challenges - Spring 2018
- Spelling Bee - Autumn 1 - Year 3 and 4
- Spelling Bee - Autumn 2 - Year 3 and 4
- Spelling Bee - Autumn 1 - Year 5 and 6
- Spelling Bee - Autumn 2 - Year 5 and 6
- Spelling Bee - Spring 2 - Year 3 and 4
- Spelling Bee - Spring 2 - Year 5 and 6
- Spelling Bee - Summer 1 - Years 3 and 4
- Spelling Bee - Summer 1 - Years 5 and 6
- Spelling Bee - Summer 2 - Year 3 and 4
- Spelling Bee - Summer 2 - Years 5 and 6
British Values Day
On British Values Day, we learnt about the key British values of: the rule of law; democracy; individual liberty; mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
We took part in a number of activities including School Council elections and writing our own laws for our country. We finished the day by making bunting for the classroom, showing some of the ways in which we demonstrate the key British values at school.
After reading and exploring the story of Creation, we wrote our own poems celebrating God’s creation.
Design and Technology
In DT, we have been exploring moving mechanisms in cards, including the box and mouth folds, lift-up flaps, springs, sliders and rotators. We designed and made our own cards using some of these mechanisms.
In literacy, we have been writing to inform, including producing recounts, television news reports and newspaper reports about the April 2015 Nepal earthquake.
In science, we have been finding out about how sound is made and investigating pitch and volume. We made straw oboes to help with our investigations!
Class 4 Trip
We had a fantastic trip to Outdoor Ted at the Skylark Centre and Nature Reserve at Barlow, taking part in a number of adventurous and team building activities, including archery, crossing the swamp, and making shelters and campfires. We then went to Drax Power Station where we learnt how electricity is made and we had a guided tour of the power station.