- Spelling Bee - Summer 2 - Year 5/6
- Spelling Bee - Summer 2 - Year 3/4
- Learning Challenges Summer 2019
- Spelling Bee - Summer 1 - Year 5/6
- Spelling Bee - Summer 1 - Year 3/4
- Spelling Bee - Spring 2 - Year 5/6
- Spelling Bee - Spring 2 - Year 3/4
- Learning Challenges Spring 2019
- Spelling Bee - Spring 1 - Year 5/6
- Spelling Bee - Spring 1 - Year 3/4
- Spelling Bee - Autumn 2 - Year 5/6
- Spelling Bee - Autumn 2 - Year 3/4
- Learning Challenges Autumn 2018
- Spelling Bee - Autumn 1 - Year 5/6
- Spelling Bee - Autumn 1 - Year 3/4
On World Book Day, we dressed up as book characters and took part in some fun activities, including a book character quiz and writing our own book reviews.
The Year 5 children visited Sherburn High School for a forensic science taster day. We had lessons in DT, geography, maths and science and used a variety of evidence to help us find out who had stolen the ‘Sherbie’ trophies.
We learnt how to make moving mechanisms and designed, made and evaluated our own moving Christmas cards.
As part of British Values Day, we wrote and delivered School Council manifestos and took part in democratic elections to elect our two class representatives. Izzy and Joe were the successful candidates and will represent Class 4 this year on the School Council.
After reading the story of creation, we produced art work illustrating the ways in which we can care for the world and be stewards of creation.
In DT, we learnt about how levers, pulleys and motors are used in machines. We looked at examples of these mechanisms and how to incorporate them into mechanical devices. We then had a go at making our own mechanical devices which included some of these mechanisms.